What Information We Collect
Chai Lifeline collects and maintains the following types of donor information when it is voluntarily provided to us:
- Contact information such as name, address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- Payment information;
- Information on events attended, publications received and special requests for program information;
- Information provided by the Site visitor in the form of comments and suggestions.
Chai Lifeline is PCI compliant. We do not store your credit card information after the transaction is completed.
How We Use This Information
Chai Lifeline uses your information to:
- Help donors complete transaction;
- Thank donors for their gifts;
- Update donors about organizational activity;
- Distribute gift receipts;
- Inform donors about upcoming events and fundraising activities;
- Report to relevant federal and state agencies;
- Contact donors about changes to this statement.
Who We Share This Information With
Subject to your right to opt-out (discussed later in this document), Chai Lifeline may share your name and postal address (but not your email address) with other non-profit organizations whose missions and activities may be of interest to you.
Opting Out/Discontinuing Contact Upon Request
You have the right to opt-out of any or all sharing of personal information, including postal mail, email, phone numbers and/or sharing your information with other organizations. To opt-out or change your preferences at any time, notify us
. You may also call (212.465.1300) Monday through Thursday between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM and Friday between 9:00 AM and 1:00 PM to speak with a member of our staff.
Should you decide to opt-out of any type of contact, your name and address will be promptly modified in Chai Lifeline’s donor database to ensure that your request is honored.
This policy does not prohibit contact by an individual or group voluntarily soliciting on behalf of Chai Lifeline, even if the person being contacted has requested to be placed on the "do not contact” list.
How To Reach Us By Mail and Email
If you would like to update your contact information, you can reach us via email
or write to us at Chai Lifeline, 151 West 30 Street, Third Floor, New York, NY 10001.